In a significant move aimed at addressing the expanded mandate of the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, the Honourable Minister, Dr. Betta Edu, has announced a series of key appointments. These appointments, made in line with President Tinubu’s directive, will play pivotal roles in implementing the Renewed Hope Agenda, a crucial initiative focused on providing relief to those affected by humanitarian crises and eradicating multi-dimensional poverty in Nigeria.
The newly appointed officials are set to join Dr. Betta Edu’s team and contribute their expertise to the realization of these critical objectives. The appointees and their respective roles are as follows:
1) National Coordinator NASSCO – Hon Abdulaziz Danladi
2) National Cash Transfer Office NCTO Head of Office – Dr. Micheal Ajuluchukwu
3) NCTO Deputy Head of Office – Dr. Janet Ekpenyong
4) National Programme Manager, Youth Empowerment and Social Support Operations (YESSO) – Richard Romanus
5) National Communication Manager NSIP – Hon Jamalu Kaburu
6) National Programme Manager, Renewed Hope Shelter Programme for Refugees, Poor, and Internally Displaced Persons – Hon Chidinma Makuachukwu
7) National Programme Manager, Grant For Vulnerable Groups – Hon Thalis Apalowo
8) Programme Manager, At-Risk Children Programme – Hajia Salia Sanusi Yusuff
9) National Programme Manager, National Homegrown School Feeding Programme (Renewed Hope Homegrown School Feeding and End Hunger Programme) – Hon Mrs. Obande
10) Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (Renewed Hope MSME Loan Programme) – Hon Dr. Joseph Nkang
11) Programme Manager N-Power Programme (Renewed Hope Skills Acquisition Programme) – Dr. Akindele Adekunle Egbuwalo
12) Renewed Hope IDP Refugees out of School Programme (National Alternate School Programme) – Dr. Mrs. Etcheri Ansa
13) National Project Manager, Community and Social Development Programme – Hon Olubunmi Bello
While these appointments signify a significant reshaping of the ministry’s leadership, Dr. Betta Edu will continue to serve as the Chairman of the National Social Safety Net Coordinating Office (NASSCO) Management Team. Hon Abel Enitan, the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, takes on the role of Secretary of the NASSCO Management team.
The Honourable Minister has expressed her expectations for the newly appointed officials, emphasizing the importance of their vast experience in their respective roles. She has made it clear that there will be no tolerance for excuses or failure in the pursuit of the Renewed Hope mandate and in advancing Nigeria’s progress.
These appointments are effective immediately, signifying the government’s commitment to taking swift action in achieving its social safety net objectives.
Rasheed Olanrewaju Zubair, ANIPR Special Adviser On Media and Publicity to Honourable Minister, MHAPA September 25, 2023