Is Zintro Scam?
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to join me today in the review of the Zintro.
If you’ve been unemployed, chances are, you are aware of how hard it is to land a job nowadays. With the market being as unstable as it is, and most of the jobs getting outsourced in developing nations, it is extremely hard to find a job that is both fulfilling and career-oriented.
Today, we are going to look into a new website that aims to connect businesses and people looking for jobs using their state of the art algorithm to make sure that both will match. The name of the company is Zintro.
If you haven’t heard of this company, don’t worry because it’s actually a fairly new company. With so many job listing websites on the internet, it is understandable that you haven’t heard of this company, especially with it just getting started. It’s just like any other job listing website out there.
The business will create their account on Zintro, post their job listing, and browse the candidates. They can also just let Zintro find the right candidates for them, foregoing the tedious screening process altogether. This would save them time and money.
Now, is there something special about this program – something that separates it from the rest. That’s what we’re going to find out. I am going to check the merits of this program to see if it is worth using it. After all, there are literally thousands of job listing websites out there – so why even use this one?
Without further delays, here’s my review of this program.
Zintro plays matchmaker between consultants and companies with relevant needs. Zintro is a global platform that is open to experts worldwide. After joining the platform, the company sends you requests from different businesses looking for a consultant. The company searches its database and finds candidates that are qualified to fulfill the different job requests. The company offers the business owner a list of potential candidates that can help them with their consulting project. Business owners can also join the site and search the online database to find potential candidates to fill the positions they have.
How to Join Zintro:
- If you’re an expert in any field, it is easy to create a free account with the company. Go to the website and join the company.
- Afterward, you’re required to upload a professional photo of yourself to the site.
- Create your bio and fill in the information necessary. Your bio should be complete and list all your qualifications. This makes it easier for the company to search their database and find a potential candidate to fulfill the job for a client.
- In your profile, it is necessary to fill in your location, time zone, the primary language you speak, if you speak a second language, and it can be added to your profile.
- By completing your profile it gives you a better opportunity for a client to select you for the job.
Account Status Information:
- The company classifies you into one of four categories; premium, bronze, silver or gold.
- They base your rating on the qualification in your profile.
- How many successful consultations jobs you have done through the company.
- What the client says about you in the feedback form.
- What type of contributions have you made to Zintro’s blog?
How Does the Company Pay You?
- The client or business owner must deposit funds into an escrow account once they’ve signed on as a service provider. The work can’t be started until the funds have been deposited.
- As long as your account is a bronze, silver or gold account, the money earned from the job is paid in full to you.
- However, once you become a premium account, the company takes a fee from your pay. After the company deducts their fee, the rest of the money is paid to you.
- The company pays through PayPal or check if you live in the United States.
- If you live in the United States and earn more than $600 a year with the company, at the end of the year you’ll receive a 1099 form.
- You’re responsible for declaring and paying your own taxes. The company doesn’t handle this for any private contractor or consultant.
How Can a Business Find You?
- When a client or business owner joins the site they are directed to the site’s online search engine.
- They will need to enter a brief description of the job they are looking for in the search field.
- The search engine will display the experts that most fit the description the client has used.
- Afterward, you’re notified of the job and can opt-in and give the client a brief summary of your qualifications.
- The client has the options to communicate with you or to select another candidate from the people who’ve applied for the job.
What Are My Chances Of Finding Work?
- Everyone has an equal chance to find work on the site.
- However, this all depends on your qualifications and field of expertise.
- If you complete your profile, create an eye-catching bio, and have good communication skills when answering a potential client, your chances are good to find work with this company.
Rates and fees
The site used to work as a recruiter, collecting 15% commissions from freelancers. It has since changed its business model and now only takes fees from hiring companies.
Freelancers also no longer have the ability to set their own rates here. Zintro informs consultants about what specific jobs pay. However, a site spokesman says 90% of Zintro’s consulting jobs pay between $150 and $300 per hour, so you’re still likely to be well compensated for your time.
The main complaints we see involve the time it takes for Zintro to pay its consultants. Although the site says pay will be remitted within two weeks of completing an assignment, some complain that payment took far longer. A site spokesman says this may be because the freelancers failed to upload a W-9 form, which is required before Zintro can remit payment.
Notably, if you want Zintro to promote your profile, you also have the option of paying a $250 annual fee. This is a rarely used feature, according to Zintro. It’s also not something we’d recommend, given that most consultants appear to get only occasional work from this site.
Zintro is one of many online platforms that will allow you to find consulting work. None of them demand exclusivity. And since consulting is sporadic work, we’d suggest that you register with multiple networks to boost your chance of finding a gig.
Can You Really Find Work Using This Zintro Program?
It depends on how good your profile is. It’s just like in any other job listing website. The more thorough your profile is, the better your chances of getting hired. Think of your profile as an advertisement. If you can present a good image of yourself at first glance, companies would want to hire you.
What I Liked About Zintro
- Great opportunity to learn new things
- User friendly platform
- Communicate with industry leaders worldwide
- Great management support
What I Didn’t Like About Zintro
- It is expensive
- The customer service is not so good
- The time it takes to get paid
Conclusion – Is Zintro A Good Platform To Get A Job?
First off, let’s answer the question, “Is Zintro A Scam?”
What their users say: (from Quora)
I have had 3 opportunities through Zintro. But I was only paid for one of them and bid on 10 – 20 times that number. The issue for me is you send off your proposal and never hear anything back. It would be good to get feedback. I get much more work through PeoplePerHour and Upwork.
Registered as an expert on Zintro for a long time. I usually receive a couple email matches according to my work profile every week. I had applied for a phone consulting opportunity for a client and assisted them with their query and made some $$. If you have right skills, it could be a win win situation for both you and the client. However, do not consider this as a source of regular income.
Zintro contacts me a few times each month to schedule calls with their clients. The calls are pretty easy and the clients respect my time. Each hourly call pays ~$250. But they don’t pay out on the same day, I have to wait 7-10 days typically.
A flexible company that pairs experts and consultants with consulting work. They are easy to work with and pay well. My only frustration is the time it takes to get paid once you finish your consulting call or engagement.
This is an excellent company and has received a top rating on the Clark Howard’s list. Everyone online knows who Clark Howard is. He is an expert who rates work at home programs and has written several best sellers including “Get Clark Smart”. The company is 100% legitimate and pays consultants for completing jobs for clients and businesses. Each client is required to deposit funds into an escrow account before the work begins. This ensures the company and the consultant that they will be paid once the job has been completed.