The Nigerian Police Force has announced the commencement of online registration for the 10th regular course cadet degree programme of the Police Academy.
The application, which is open to interested male and female candidates of Nigerian descent, will run for a period of six (6) weeks (from 24th July to 3rd September 2023).
In a press statement released today by the Force Public Relations Officer (FPRO), CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, the Force stated that interested and qualified candidates are to register on polac.edu.ng.
The acting Inspector-General of Police, Kayode Adeolu Egbetokun in the statement assured that the selection process will adhere to the highest standards of transparency and accountability. He cautions applicants to remain vigilant against fraudulent individuals and online scammers seeking to exploit the application procedure and deceive innocent candidates.
The IGP, however, warned that those caught engaging in such misconduct will be apprehended and brought to justice.
The statement read in part, “The Nigeria Police Force wishes to invite interested and qualified candidates of Nigerian extraction to register online for admission into the 10th Regular Course Cadet Degree Programme. The online registration process will run for a period of six (6) weeks (from 24th July to 3rd September, 2023) availing both male and female Nigerians of good character the opportunity of serving the fatherland.
“The requirements for admission into the Academy include that the applicants must:
- Be of Nigerian origin by birth and possess National Identity Number (NIN), JAMB result (2023 only) with not less than 180 marks, and must have selected Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil as first choice in the JAMB form.
- Possess a minimum of 6 credits in not more than 2 sittings in WAEC/NECO or its equivalent with credit passes in English and Mathematics.
- Be aged between 17-21 years by 31st October, 2023.
- Be medically, physically, and psychologically fit and must not be less than 1.67m tall for males and 1.64m tall for females.
- Have not less than 86cm (34 inches) expanded chest measurement (for males only)
- Not be married or pregnant at the time of admission.
- Have a valid email address and phone number.
- SSCE (WAEC/NECO) Statements of Results or certificates before 2019 will not be accepted.
“The method of application is virtual. All interested applicants who meet the criteria above are advised to visit the Academy’s website: polac.edu.ng, generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) code which would be used to make payment of a non-refundable fee of Three Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (N3,500) only through any commercial bank branch in Nigeria.
Successful payment will open up a form that applicants are required to fill out and upload scanned copies of their SSCE results, birth, and state of origin certificate.
“Thereafter, applicants are required to print out completed online forms and guarantor forms to be filled and submitted at the Nigeria Police Academy during the physical screening. Automated physical screening exercise will be held at the Academy at a date which will be communicated in due course.
Successful candidates will participate in a Computer Based Test (CBT), a subsequent Automated Medical Screening Exercise, and an Automated Interview/Selection Exercise for Final Selection of candidates who will undergo a 5-year academic and police training leading to a Bachelor’s Degree and commissioning into the Nigeria Police Force as Assistant Superintendent of Police II.”