Sen. Prof. Sandy Onor (born 14 February 1966) is a Nigerian politician . He is the Senator representing Cross River Central Senatorial District in the Nigerian Senate. He is a Senator of the 9th National Assembly in Nigeria.
|Name||Sandy Ojang Onor|
|Assumed Office||June 11, 2019|
|Date of Birth||14 February 1966|
|Senatorial District||Cross River Central|
Sandy Ojang Onor was born in the city of Ikom in Ikom Local Government Area of Cross River State.
In his early education, he attended St. Francis, FSLC 1971 – 1975 and St. Brendan’s GEC (O level) 1976 – 1981 all of which are both in Obubra LGA.
Onor’s University education was in the University of Calabar, where he studied History. Graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree (Second Class (Upper Division) 1983 – 1987.
He holds a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in History from the University of Calabar 1988 – 1993.
- Director Duraform Company Ltd. Ikom 1993
- Executive Chairman, Etung Local Government Council, Cross River State 1999 – 2002
- State Chairman, Association of Local Government of Nigeria (ALGON), Cross River State Chapter 1999 – 2002
- Deputy National President of ALGON 1999 – 2002
- Chairman, Local Government Service Commission 2004 – 2008
- Commissioner For Agriculture 2010 – 2011
- Commissioner for Environment 2012 – 2013
- Best Graduating Student In History, University of Calabar 1987
- Professor Eyo Ita Prize for Best Graduating Student in History, University of Calabar 1987
- Chief Ekanem Ita Prize for Best Graduating Student in History University of Calabar 1987
- NLC Prize for Excellence in Labour Management in Cross River State 2001
- Honorary Fellow, Chartered Institute of Local Government and Public Administration of Nigeria 2001
- Member Historical Society of Nigeria.
Sen. Onor is married, he is a devoted Christian an educationist, administrator and a philanthropist.