Humanity Without Borders Empowerment Initiative (HUWIB)
Humanity Without Borders Empowerment Initiative (HUWIB) is a people-centered, progressive, and result-driven initiative based on the concept of humanity first. Its central objective is to support the growth, development, and economic empowerment of urban/rural women, young people, children, the elderly, and People Living With Disabilities (PLWDs). The key focus is on the vulnerable, to enable them to achieve sustainable livelihood. To achieve the implementation of its various program activities, the organization hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
Management Information Systems (MIS) Officer
About the Position:
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Management Information Systems (MIS) Officer with expertise in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) to join our team at HUWIB. As the MIS Officer, you will play a crucial role in managing and optimizing our organization’s information systems and technology infrastructure.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of HUWIB’s management information systems.
- Manage hardware, software, and network infrastructure to ensure smooth operations.
- Develop and implement data collection and reporting mechanisms to track project progress and impact.
- Provide technical support to staff in using information systems and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Collaborate with the project team to design and implement digital solutions to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Conduct regular data backups and ensure data security and integrity.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and recommend ICT innovations to improve organizational processes.
- Train staff on the proper use of information systems and technology tools.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders and service providers on ICT equipment and services.
- Ensure compliance with data protection and privacy regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- Proven experience in management information systems and ICT infrastructure.
- Proficiency in database management systems and data analysis tools.
- Strong knowledge of networking, hardware, and software systems.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills, and capacity to work with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of ICT security best practices.
- Experience in project management and implementation is an advantage.
- Proficiency in data analysis software (e.g., SPSS, STATA, Tableau, Excel, etc).
- At least 3 years experience in Data Management, or relevant field.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and covering letters stating the positions, including a detailed CV with at least two (2) references, should be sent via email to: The Special Adviser, Programs, Projects & Events, Office of Wife of Governor, Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria [email protected]
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: NOT LATER THAN 23-08-2023