Humanity Without Borders Empowerment Initiative (HUWIB)
Humanity Without Borders Empowerment Initiative (HUWIB) is a people-centered, progressive, and result-driven initiative based on the concept of humanity first. Its central objective is to support the growth, development, and economic empowerment of urban/rural women, young people, children, the elderly, and People Living With Disabilities (PLWDs). The key focus is on the vulnerable, to enable them to achieve sustainable livelihood. To achieve the implementation of its various program activities, the organization hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
Community Mobilization Officer
About the Position:
We are seeking a Community Mobilization Officer to engage and mobilize target communities for the successful implementation of HUWIB’s projects. As the Community Mobilization Officer, you will work with a variety of stakeholders, including community members, Government officials, and non-profit organizations, to build relationships, develop plans, and execute strategies for the Initiative.
- Conduct community assessments to identify needs and priorities.
- Plan and organize community engagement activities and events.
- Supervise and provide technical support to community mobilizers.
- Select and train Community Spokespersons and Mobilizers.
- Develop training designs, work plans and modules, and organize training programs in relation to the program implementation.
- Prepare regular progress reports, and other reports as required.
- Facilitate community participation and involvement in project activities.
- Collaborate with community leaders and stakeholders to ensure project buy-in.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the Social Sciences.
- Proven experience in community mobilization, sensitization, and engagement.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in a related field.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and covering letters stating the positions, including a detailed CV with at least two (2) references, should be sent via email to:
The Special Adviser,
Programs, Projects & Events,
Office of Wife of Governor, Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: NOT LATER THAN 23-08-2023