Humanity Without Borders Empowerment Initiative (HUWIB)
Humanity Without Borders Empowerment Initiative (HUWIB) is a people-centered, progressive, and result-driven initiative based on the concept of humanity first. Its central objective is to support the growth, development, and economic empowerment of urban/rural women, young people, children, the elderly, and People Living With Disabilities (PLWDs). The key focus is on the vulnerable, to enable them to achieve sustainable livelihood. To achieve the implementation of its various program activities, the organization hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
About the Position:
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Program Manager to lead and oversee all aspects of HUWIB. As the Program Manager, you will work closely with the Board of Trustees (BoT), and other stakeholders to implement and manage various projects aimed at empowering urban and rural women, young people, children, and People Living With Disabilities (PLWDs), to achieve sustainable livelihoods.
- Develop and implement strategic plans and objectives for HUWIB in line with its central aim.
- Lead and supervise project teams, ensuring efficient and effective project implementation.
- Collaborate with partners, NGOs, and Government agencies to foster strong partnerships and networks.
- Support budgeting and financial management for project activities.
- Monitor project progress, budgets, and outcomes to ensure adherence to set goals and timelines.
- Provide regular reports to the Board of Trustees on the status of projects and initiatives.
- Oversee and support community mobilization efforts to engage target beneficiaries effectively.
- Coordinate the organization of workshops and meetings.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Proven track record in managing and implementing development projects, particularly those targeting vulnerable populations.
- Strong leadership, project management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of social and economic development issues in the region.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Proactive, innovative, and result-driven approach to problem-solving.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other related ICT tools.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in project/program management, community development, or a related field.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and covering letters stating the positions, including a detailed CV with at least two (2) references, should be sent via email to:
The Special Adviser,
Programs, Projects & Events,
Office of Wife of Governor, Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: NOT LATER THAN 23-08-2023