Humanity Without Borders Empowerment Initiative (HUWIB)
Humanity Without Borders Empowerment Initiative (HUWIB) is a people-centered, progressive, and result-driven initiative based on the concept of humanity first. Its central objective is to support the growth, development, and economic empowerment of urban/rural women, young people, children, the elderly, and People Living With Disabilities (PLWDs). The key focus is on the vulnerable, to enable them to achieve sustainable livelihood. To achieve the implementation of its various program activities, the organization hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
Project Officer II
About the Position:
HUWIB is seeking a dedicated and knowledgeable Project Officer II with expertise in Agriculture and Environment to join our dynamic team. As the Project Officer II, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring projects related to agricultural and environmental sustainability.
- Conduct research and assessments to identify agricultural and environmental needs and opportunities in targeted communities.
- Develop and implement sustainable agricultural and environmental projects and initiatives.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, Government agencies, and local partners to promote best practices in agricultural and environmental conservation.
- Provide technical expertise and support to beneficiaries, ensuring the successful implementation of agriculture and environment-related programs.
- Monitor and evaluate project progress, identify challenges, and propose solutions to achieve project objectives.
- Prepare project reports, documentation, and case studies to showcase the impact of the initiatives.
- Coordinate training sessions and workshops to build capacity and enhance agricultural and environmental knowledge among beneficiaries.
- Stay updated with the latest trends and innovations in agricultural and environmental sustainability, to integrate new approaches into project activities.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and guidelines in agricultural and environmental projects.
- Facilitate community engagement and participation in agricultural and environmental initiatives.
- Other relevant responsibilities as may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Science, Environmental Science, or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of sustainable agricultural practices and environmental conservation.
- Familiarity with rural development and community-based initiatives in the agricultural sector.
- Excellent project management skills, including planning, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, and capacity to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze data and provide evidence-based recommendations for project improvement.
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting sustainable development and environmental protection.
- At least 3 years proven experience in designing and implementing agricultural and environmental projects.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and covering letters stating the positions, including a detailed CV with at least two (2) references, should be sent via email to: The Special Adviser, Programs, Projects & Events, Office of Wife of Governor, Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria [email protected]
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: NOT LATER THAN 23-08-2023