Humanity Without Borders Empowerment Initiative (HUWIB)
Humanity Without Borders Empowerment Initiative (HUWIB) is a people-centered, progressive, and result-driven initiative based on the concept of humanity first. Its central objective is to support the growth, development, and economic empowerment of urban/rural women, young people, children, the elderly, and People Living With Disabilities (PLWDs). The key focus is on the vulnerable, to enable them to achieve sustainable livelihood. To achieve the implementation of its various program activities, the organization hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
Project Officer III
About the Position:
We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Project Officer III with a focus on Social Welfare to join our team at HUWIB. As the Project Officer III, you will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing social welfare programs that uplift the well-being of vulnerable individuals and communities.
- Develop and execute social welfare programs in line with HUWIB’s mission and objectives.
- Conduct assessments and research to identify the needs and challenges faced by vulnerable populations.
- Collaborate with local authorities, community leaders, and stakeholders to design targeted interventions.
- Monitor the progress and impact of social welfare projects, ensuring that they are delivered on time and within budget.
- Organize awareness campaigns and capacity-building workshops on social welfare topics for beneficiaries.
- Coordinate the distribution of welfare resources and support services to those in need.
- Prepare detailed reports on project outcomes and accomplishments for management and partners.
- Advocate for social welfare policies and initiatives that promote inclusivity and equality.
- Engage with beneficiaries to ensure their voices are heard and their needs are addressed effectively.
- Work closely with the team to collect and analyze data to inform evidence-based decision-making.
- Other relevant responsibilities as may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Sociology, or a related field.
- Proven experience in planning and implementing social welfare programs, preferably in a community development or nonprofit setting.
- Empathy and understanding of the challenges faced by vulnerable populations.
- Knowledge of social welfare policies and best practices.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities to work effectively with diverse groups.
- Competency in working independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel to project sites when required.
- Proficiency in MS Office and data analysis software is an advantage.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in implementing social welfare or related activities.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and covering letters stating the positions, including a detailed CV with at least two (2) references, should be sent via email to: The Special Adviser, Programs, Projects & Events, Office of Wife of Governor, Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria [email protected]
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: NOT LATER THAN 23-08-2023