Humanity Without Borders Empowerment Initiative (HUWIB)
Humanity Without Borders Empowerment Initiative (HUWIB) is a people-centered, progressive, and result-driven initiative based on the concept of humanity first. Its central objective is to support the growth, development, and economic empowerment of urban/rural women, young people, children, the elderly, and People Living With Disabilities (PLWDs). The key focus is on the vulnerable, to enable them to achieve sustainable livelihood. To achieve the implementation of its various program activities, the organization hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
About the Position:
We are seeking a skilled Project Accountant to oversee financial management and reporting for HUWIB’s projects. As the Project Accountant, you will work closely with the Program Manager and other team members to track project costs, prepare financial reports, and ensure that the project stays on budget along with global best practices.
- Prepare and manage project budgets in line with donor requirements.
- Monitor project expenditures and ensure adherence to financial regulations.
- Conduct financial reporting and analysis for internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate with auditors during project audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field; professional accounting qualifications (e.g., ACCA, ICAN, ANAN) are an advantage.
- Proven experience in financial management for development projects.
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting standards and regulations.
- Proficiency in accounting software (e.g., QuickBooks, SAP).
- At least 5 years relevant experience in related fields.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and covering letters stating the positions, including a detailed CV with at least two (2) references, should be sent via email to: The Special Adviser, Programs, Projects & Events, Office of Wife of Governor, Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria [email protected]
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: NOT LATER THAN 23-08-2023